Monday, August 06, 2007

Dilli Meri Jaan

Each time I visit Delhi, it never fails to wow me. It is always a different facet which rears its head and somehow manages to amuse me in an inexplicable fashion. And almost always, I can give no reason why I have come to like this city. Is it the ever crowded markets and malls? Or is it the alarmingly quiet VIP roads? Perhaps it is none of this or maybe it is everything.

This time I chanced to stopover in Delhi for 6 hours. My flight for Ahmedabad was due to take off at 6 in the evening. I touched down (flying from Lucknow) at 12 in the afternoon. Shaktimaan played host to the holy trinity of Chiku, Chepu, and Red. Great host, I must confess. No matter how much she might gloat over this.

Anyways, we had lunch at Shaktimaan's place, got to visit Humayun's tomb (the highlight of the small stay) and also had the good fortune to listen to some hard core Delhites bitching about their ex-boyfriends. All in all, a very satisfying 6 hour stay for me. We left Delhi somewhere around 7. I could not help but wonder when I would get to visit this irritatingly incomprehensible city again.

13 comments:

  1. i think it's all about the host. really.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gloat to your heart's content...

    and i want two T-Shirts the next time..no excuses

    ReplyDelete
  3. is it going to be a geometric progression?

    ReplyDelete
  4. it can be just arithmetic if you want it to be
    i am generous when it comes to gifts

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wic camera r u using for such gr8 pics man ?

    ReplyDelete
  6. given that lanky's in the picture, it couldn't possibly be him taking it :).

    ReplyDelete
  7. correction, btw - they weren't bitching about their ex-bf's. they were bitching about other female acquaintances.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @gravity
    the pics have been taken by shaktimaan herself man....shaktimaan herself....heh heh

    @shaktimaan
    what rey...i was trying to spice up the things...tho i still rem that there was some mention abt ex-bf's as well...hmm.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hmm...now i know why u forgot ur mobile in the cafe....

    ReplyDelete
  10. u attracted to the place or the delhi-'ites'.... fairer sex in particular?

    ReplyDelete
  11. dilli without delhites?????

    naaaahhhhhhhhhhhh

    right shaktimaan???

    ReplyDelete